Craving fish and chips but don't want the 1,000 calories that comes with it? Sure, this isn't fish and chips, however, it may still satisfy your craving. This dish features a lemony piece of fish and crunchy asparagus. Still missing the salty factor? Feel free to crack some sea salt over your meal. With only 141 calories per serving, you can indulge without taking a hit to your diet.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 (4 ounce) cod fillets
- Non-stick, zero-calorie cooking spray
- 1 lb fresh thin asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (omit if on the Smart for Life program)
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/8 cup grated fat-free, low-calorie cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 15 x 10 x 1-in. baking tray with non-stick cooking spray then place cod, asparagus, and tomatoes (cut side down) on the tray.
2. Brush cod with lemon juice and sprinkle with lemon zest (if on the Smart for Life program, omit lemon juice). Sprinkle fat-free cheese over fish and vegetables. Bake until fish flakes easily with fork (about 12 minutes).
3. Remove pan from oven and then preheat boiler. Broil cod and asparagus 3-4 in. from heat until vegetables are lightly browned (about 2-3 minutes).