Eating salads and grilled chicken every night can be repetitive and get boring fast, we get it. Having the same meals over and over again can make it more difficult to stay motivated and keep your diet on track. This Mediterranean turkey skillet is the perfect dinner to break up your meal routine. Just one cup of this delicious meal will provide you with 24 grams of protein! This is also a great recipe to use for meal preps.
Prep/Total Time: 3 Minutes
- Non-stick, zero-calorie cooking spray
- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 banana peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- *1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained [Omit if following Smart for Life Program]
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Spray a large skillet generously with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Over medium heat, cook the turkey, zucchini, onion, peppers, garlic and oregano; cook 10-12 minutes (until turkey isn't pink and veggies are tender). Break up turkey into crumbles as its cooking.
3. Drain the turkey, then add back to pan with remaining ingredients. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
1 cup: 259 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.